Tractive for dog sports
Hi everybody, my name is Jérôme Lafourte. I’m 28 years old and from Belgium. As a...
6 March 2017
my name is Jérôme Lafourte. I’m 28 years old and from Belgium. As a young boy, I started doing a lot of different sports and since then, I have always been very active. Some time ago, I started doing dog sports and I’m really interested in Canicross and Bikejoring. Have you heard about that?
Dog sports: Canicross and Bikejoering
For those who might not know what it is:
Canicross is the sport of cross country running with dogs. Canicross is dog powered, so the dogs are harnessed and attached to the human. In Canicross you run as a team.
Bikejoering is riding a bike with dogs pulling you. (Instead of a bike you can also use a dog scooter).
So nothing special and not much equipment needed: one leash, one harness and let’s go!
One day, I was looking through the internet and I discovered Tractive. It sounded interesting! In November 2016 I decided to buy one to try it out. My opinion about it? GREAT!
What’s best about the Tractive GPS Tracker?
- First of all, the tracker has a really awesome safe zone feature! If your dog runs out of the zone, you will get an alert directly on your phone.
- Secondly, you can use Tractive for training. If you do any kind of running, hiking or biking with your dog, the device is perfect.
[bctt tweet=”See how you can use Tractive GPS for Canicross and Bikejoring on the Tractive blog! ” username=”tractive”]
How to get started?
When you receive your Tractive GPS device, take it out of the box and charge it. When the battery is full, you can put it on the harness or the collar of your dog. Turn on the tracker by holding down the small button for 3 seconds – you will quickly see a green light. When the light is green, the GPS is on and you are ready to go. If the light is red, wait and try again. You turn it off by holding down the small button for 3 seconds. Then, you will see a red light. You can follow your dog directly on your phone with the Tractive GPS app. The app works for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
When you work with Tractive, you have the following possibilities:
- Where is my dog when I’m not around?
- How many kilometres did my dog run during the day?
- Did he/she leave the safe zone?
- All necessary information for dog training ( run, bike, scooter,…)
How to use it for dog sports?
- Go to http://www.strava.com
- Then create a page for your dog.
- You can export daily information from the Tractive website.
- You export it on jpx and then you just download it on Strava.
Tractive is a good training partner for you and your dog! So what are you waiting for? Have fun and let’s Tractive!
Written by: Jérôme Lafourte
Facebook:Indra Nelson Jango
Instagram: Jerome Lafourte
More interesting Articles
14 August 2017
Hiking with Your Dog: How a GPS Tracker Can Be a Lifesaver
Read about how Tractive GPS has helped Francesca retrieving her dog during a mountain hike!
28 April 2017
Learn about Canicross from the champions
17-year-old Canicross French champion Léa and Tractive GPS user Arnaud Sapiot disclose what it takes...
27 April 2017
A cat’s stories
Hi, my name is Spritzer and I am a Tractive cat. Last year I lost...