Baking and eating Christmas cookies is one of the best parts of December. But let’s not forget about our furry familiy members. Spoil your dog for the holidays with these super easy Christmas cookies for dogs. Simple and delicious!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies
- 225 g pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 45 g oats
- 375 g whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out. Cut out using Christmas cookie cutters.
- The dough will be a little sticky, a dusting of flour for your hands and the rolling pin will, therefore, help! Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. The cookies will harden as they cool.
Apple Carrot Cookies
- 125 g whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten free flour
- 50 g of grated carrots
- 1 egg
- 127 g unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven 175°C.
- Mix ingredients together until dough forms.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press dough down slightly so the biscuits are about about 6 mm thick.
- Bake until golden brown and let cool on a wire rack.
Christmas cookies for dogs
If you want to know what else you can make for your dog this Christmas, check out the blog post “Homemade Holiday Dog Treats”: