Crazy Dog Laws
Laws! Some we may agree with, some we may not and some just make us...
15 January 2016
Laws! Some we may agree with, some we may not and some just make us laugh out loud. Check out these funny and downright crazy dog laws – would you abide or not?
What were they thinking?
- No one may tie their pet dog to the roof of a car in Alaska (Thank God for that!)
- In Oklahoma, people who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed (Seriously!?)
- Dog owners in Turin, Italy, can be fined if they don’t walk their dogs at least three times a day (There must be some seriously fit people and dogs walking around in Turin).
- In Belvedere, dogs are not allowed in public places without their masters on leashes (Hope this is a mistake – they may want to rethink the wording of this one).
- In some areas in the US dogs are not allowed to bark after 6 PM (Good luck with that one).
- If you have a dog who likes to relax with a cigar now and then, don’t go to Zion, Illinois. It’s illegal to let your dog have lit cigars there (Is this really a problem in Zion?)
- In Connecticut, any dogs bearing tattoos must be reported to police (Again, is this really a problem?)
- In Saudi Arabia, walking a dog in public is illegal. Dogs are almost completely banned, with the exception of working dogs.
- In Switzerland, you must pass a test and take a practical training class in order to have a dog. If you are a first-time dog owner, you have to take a theoretical class on top of the practical training class (Serious business!).
- If you are planning a vacation to Mexico with your four-legged friends, it should be noted that a maximum of two dogs can be brought into the country.
- French Poodles are banned from the opera in Chicago, Illinois, and it is illegal to give a dog whiskey (poor Poodles!)
- Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited (seems fair, but does it need to be a law?)
Did you think you knew a thing or two about the world of dogs? These dog laws probably blew your mind!
If you know any other crazy dog laws, we’d love to hear from you!
More interesting Articles
14 March 2018
Doggie Dreams: Your bed or theirs? When your dog sleeping in bed
Bedtime for dog lovers means sharing the bed with your pooch! Or not?
8 March 2018
Why do dogs and cats not get along? We have the answer for you!
Find out what to do when your dog and cat don't get along!
13 February 2018
Dog losing fur? These tips will help you out this spring!
Learn now everything you need to know on dog losing fur!