Laws! Some we may agree with, some we may not and some just make us laugh out loud. Check out these funny and downright crazy dog laws – would you abide or not?
What were they thinking?
- No one may tie their pet dog to the roof of a car in Alaska (Thank God for that!)
- In Oklahoma, people who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed (Seriously!?)
- Dog owners in Turin, Italy, can be fined if they don’t walk their dogs at least three times a day (There must be some seriously fit people and dogs walking around in Turin).
- In Belvedere, dogs are not allowed in public places without their masters on leashes (Hope this is a mistake – they may want to rethink the wording of this one).
- In some areas in the US dogs are not allowed to bark after 6 PM (Good luck with that one).
- If you have a dog who likes to relax with a cigar now and then, don’t go to Zion, Illinois. It’s illegal to let your dog have lit cigars there (Is this really a problem in Zion?)
- In Connecticut, any dogs bearing tattoos must be reported to police (Again, is this really a problem?)
- In Saudi Arabia, walking a dog in public is illegal. Dogs are almost completely banned, with the exception of working dogs.
- In Switzerland, you must pass a test and take a practical training class in order to have a dog. If you are a first-time dog owner, you have to take a theoretical class on top of the practical training class (Serious business!).
- If you are planning a vacation to Mexico with your four-legged friends, it should be noted that a maximum of two dogs can be brought into the country.
- French Poodles are banned from the opera in Chicago, Illinois, and it is illegal to give a dog whiskey (poor Poodles!)
- Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited (seems fair, but does it need to be a law?)
Did you think you knew a thing or two about the world of dogs? These dog laws probably blew your mind!
If you know any other crazy dog laws, we’d love to hear from you!