Easter treats: Cook homemade meat biscuits for your dog
Skip the store-bought dog treats and go homemade with these healthy, yummy dog treats. With...
17 April 2017
Skip the store-bought dog treats and go homemade with these healthy, yummy dog treats. With just a few key ingredients, you can make the best meat biscuits. Your dog will love these tasty treats!
Homemade meat biscuits
- 1 banana
- 200g meat (beef, horse or lamb)
- 400g dark flour (e.g. spelt flour)
- 100g oat flakes
- 2 eggs
- Approx. 120 ml water
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Crush the banana well and then mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll out dough on floured surface until approximately 1 cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the biscuits into desired shapes.
- Bake for around 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven but keep the biscuits inside and let them dry for a minute or two at a lower temperature.
- Cool the biscuits completely before serving them.
Why homemade dog treats?
Healthy homemade dog biscuits are not only a treat for your dog, but also assure you that there are no colorants or preservatives included. Additionally, you can bake them suitable to your dog’s taste and avoid the use of sugar and toxic foods. Homemade treats are much healthier than commercial dog food and by avoiding these dangerous dog food preservatives you can add a few extra years of good health to your pet’s life. Have fun baking and have a happy Easter!
More interesting Articles
8 November 2018
How to introduce a cat to a dog: Tips & recommendations
Our 3-Step Guide helps you to introduce your cat to a dog the right way!
5 November 2018
5 Reasons why dogs steal socks and how you stop this thief-behaviour
Understanding why dogs steal socks has never been easier!
2 October 2018
How-to guide about handling a dog in heat
Learn how to best handle your dog in heat!