How to Celebrate World Animal Day
Did you know that 36% of all species on earth are at risk of extinction...
Did you know that 36% of all species on earth are at risk of extinction (IS Foundation)? Did you know that many of the world’s 60 billion farm animals are not treated humanely? Can they be saved? Join the World Animal Day on the 4th of October and speak up for those who have no voice!
As human beings, we are neighbors, roommates, and friends to all the animals of the world, and it’s our responsibility to help protect them so that their future generations can grow and thrive. In turn, our future generations can be blessed with the joy of their company. The World Animal Day is created as a special day to appreciate and pay tribute to the incredible animals we share this planet with. This day is not linked to any person or organization! It belongs to all people of the world. It’s a day for education and the raising of awareness for all of the animal issues that exist throughout the world.
For everyone who cares about animals, October 4th is a time to celebrate and pay tribute. Acknowledge and be thankful for the many positive influences animals brings to our lives. They help us keep a natural balance, they are our life companions and they help us in both work and play.
Join the celebration of World Animal Day because through increased awareness and education we can improve the standards of animal welfare throughout the world!
The mission of World Animal Day is to…
- Celebrate animal life in all its forms.
- Celebrate humankind’s relationship with the animal kingdom.
- Acknowledge the diverse roles that animals play in our lives.
- Acknowledge and be thankful for the way in which animals enrich our lives.
How to celebrate World Animal Day
You don’t have to be an activist to celebrate the world’s birds, bees, and other creatures during World Animal Day. Anyone can make a difference – simply do something kind for animals! Here’s a few ideas for you:
- Donate (whatever you can afford) to some of the nonprofit organizations for animals – E.g World Wildlife Fund.
- Volunteer your time at a local shelter or animal sanctuary.
- Educate yourself. Read up on animal issues and how to help.
- Show your own animal a little extra love. Go for an extra walk, make your pet’s favorite meal, buy a fun toy or treat your pet to an afternoon of fun.
- Avoid products that hurt animals. Educate yourself about where your food comes from and how your clothes are made.
Do you have any other ideas how to celebrate World Animal Day? Please share! Together we can help our life companions!
You may also like...
- For Dogs
14 January 2021
Body Condition Score & BMI Calculator for Dogs
Discover the best tools to find out if your dog has a healthy weight.Read more
- For Dogs
16 December 2020
Best 5 tips on how to leave your dog home alone without feeling guilty
Safely leave your dog home alone with these tips!Read more
- For Dogs
25 November 2020
4 fun dog-friendly winter activities to try with your dog in snow
Winter dog activities you and your furry friend will loveRead more
- For Dogs
10 November 2020
5 Dog Christmas Gifts Your Furry Friend Will Love
Every dog deserves something special at Christmas time. Get our top 5 dog gift ideas.Read more